24 Oct Joy Triggers
These started off as daily rules that I hoped would become habits that have evolved into joy triggers that I shared as a part of the Joy Project.
They totally changed my life before but recently for a while as I struggled with post natal exhaustion & anxiety I stopped- some like gratitude only made me feel worse for feeling so low with all the good in my life- but, it feels like time to start following them again.
I’d love for you to join me
1. Be a Friend to You -Don’t Pressure Yourself to be Perfect – It’s OK if some days you don’t follow the triggers. Life throws unexpected things into the mix and we are all human. When you are ready you can choose to get back on the JOY TRACK!
2. Gratitude -Begin a gratitude list and add 3 things each morning and night that you are grateful for. Seeing and saying thank you for all the good in your life now opens the door for more to come in.
3. Kindness- Be kind to others. Take all opportunities, each day, to show kindness. This could be opening a door, letting a car out in traffic or paying a compliment.
4. Joy Exchange – Avoid negative conversations and say goodbye to habits like gossiping, blaming and complaining. Ask yourself will these thoughts, words or actions have a positive effect on you or others if the answer is no “let them go” -walk away, or find the joy instead.
5. Fresh air –Spend time outside every day (not on your smartphone) – There is something about getting outside that gets you into the moment. A walk, jog or even standing outside your back door and looking up at the sky.
6. Love -Start a list of things that you love and add to it each day – like a gratitude list, things that feel good to think about…perhaps they are in your life now or things you want to bring in. Mine includes baby Charlies’s tiny toes, sparkles, sunshine, blue skies, alien perfume, Audi, airports and laughter.
7. Kindness – to YOU. Pay yourself a compliment when you look in the mirror, smile at your reflection. Stop criticising and putting yourself down.
8. Giving – Without expecting to receive. Give time, love, a tip in the coffee shop, donate to charity – it’s up to you.
9. Visualise The Life You Love – Before you sleep at night (or any time you won’t be interrupted) create in your mind the life you want to live and how you want to feel. This is the time for dreaming big, no limits – remember how as a child you knew everything was possible? Everything is possible but first you need to see it…create a vision that makes you excited. If nothing else it puts you to sleep with a smile and that is always a good thing!
10. Personal Joy Trigger – Something personal to you that makes you feel good. Maybe playing a favourite song first thing in the morning, a photograph, a memory, something that instantly fills you with positive energy.
Joy Project facebook page